Fundamentals of Successful Bid Management
The aim is to provide delegates with an awareness of the processes in bidding for new business through a competitive tender.
The delegates will be afforded an opportunity to understand the
essential principles for effective tendering in a competitive market.
The training will assist delegates to understand Client's the roles and
responsibilities and the role and responsibilities of the Bid Manager.
Delegates will review the Bid/No Bid decision linked to the Business
Strategy and will understand the need for vendor databases, the
relative positions of the buying/supplying companies and the "right"
management approach for those positions. Delegates will understand the
need to collaborate and how to select the collaborative partner. The
formulation of the “ideal” proposal will be discussed. The delegates
will understand the importance of relationship management and vendor
appraisal as well as how to raise, issue, control and evaluate invited
The topics covered include:
- The competitive bidding process
- Bid/No Bid decisions
- Understanding the Client
- The bid team
- role, skills and responsibilities of the Bid Manager
- Controlling and monitoring the Bid process
- Storyboarding and Red Teaming
- Measuring bidding effort and returns on that effort
- Supplier/Buyer positioning
- Vendor databases and vendor evaluation
- Collaborative needs
- Teaming arrangements
- Joint Ventures, Joint Stock, Alliances and Partnerships
- The ideal proposal
- Monitoring and controlling the Tendering process
The module is scheduled for 1 day.
Contact us to find out more about prices and locations or to discuss your unique requirements.