Procurement & Sub-contract Management
The aim is to provide delegates with an awareness of the processes
involved in the sourcing, selection and management of sub-contractors.
Learning OutcomesBy the end of the basic
awareness module, delegates will have been afforded an opportunity to
gain an understanding of the essential principles in the effective
sourcing, selection and management of suppliers/sub-contractors. The
training will assist delegates to understand the need for a strategic
procurement plan linked to the business strategic, the relative
positions of the buying/ supplying companies and the establishment of
the "right" management approach. The delegates will understand the
importance of relationship management, vendor appraisal and how to
raise, issue, control and evaluate invited tenders. Finally the
delegates will have an opportunity to understand the post contract
vendor management and how to gain longer term commitment.
The topics covered include:
- Procurement Trends
- the increasing need for effective strategy
- purchasing/procurement; suppliers/sub-contractors; sourcing/selection
- Business strategy
- links to the Procurement Strategy and plan
- Make/buy planning
- The formation and content of the procurement plan
- Supplier and Buyer positioning and their inter-relationship
- Supplier appraisal
- Invitations to tender – key aspects
- Gaining commitment from major sub-contractors
- Teaming, Joint Ventures, Partnerships
The module is scheduled for 1 day.
Contact us to find out more about prices and locations or to discuss your unique requirements.